ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
A. M. Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 239
Like?
Disgruntled
Aug 16, 2009

Just venting RE: FFB issue, KM7D

I finally got word back from SONY repair center Toronto after six weeks of waiting only to be told that the cost of repairing my camera will be about as much as it is worth. It looks like I have to bite the bullet. Heres my note to SONY Support Can.

In reference to a Konica Minolta 7D camera body (#01405308) with battery and Compact disk card (1GB) I sent for repair; due to a manufacturing flaw common to this model. Sony work order number 5000360870

After six weeks without the use of my camera I received a phone message that the cost of repair will be $244.00 plus $22.95 shipping. I have given my ok to proceed with the repair

This design fault is too my understanding the responsibility of Sony. I have also been in contact with other km7d owners who have had the repair done free of charge.

Due to needing the km7d, as a back up to my Sony A700, for my wedding photography I have little choice but to go head with repair. All my gear is based on the alpha mount and I also own Sony/Zeiss lenses. It was also my intention to purchase Sony’s full frame A900 within the next six months. I am however having second thoughts in this regard; and am considering switching platforms to Canon when I go full frame.

If there is some way Sony support could reassess this matter; I would prefer to remain a SONY customer.

-- hide signature --

A.M.H.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow