Started Aug 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bloomoose
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,215Gear list
Like?
A900 + CZ 135/1.8 - B/W portraits @f8 with crop
Aug 15, 2009

Hi there, me again. After some nice assignments with the A900 here are two casual portrait of a friend of mine. He wanted a high-key and low key variant, one where he wore glasses and one without. What I find fascinating in these crops is that one eye lash seems to only a tiny bit thicker than a pixel. So it´s really sharp to the pixel level.

I was inspired by one of the "I´m blown away by my A900's sharpness" threads and so I post this if someone is thinking about buying the 135/1.8. This lens is one of the reasons why I still don´t regret not buying the D3X. I don´t think I will be tempted by the D700x either which is new for me. I was ready to buy, but now I´m not. I don´t see how I could improve my photography with a new camera. I´m so set with what I have. But ...

I will probably go for a Mac Pro or faster imac this Fall, a 2,4 Ghz. Core2Duo with 4 GB of RAM is what I have now and let´s see how fast I could work with a Quad Core system. Hehe, still another toy to left to buy ggg

-- hide signature --

Greetings from Germany,
Pam

Some of my casual D3 images @ Stany´s photoforum
http://www.fotografie-forum.be/n3-galleryPMeier-1.htm

bloomoose's gear list:bloomoose's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha 7 +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow