Started Aug 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
martinjamesward
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Net to DSLR - seriously considering E-620
Aug 15, 2009

I am new to digital SLR and considering buying my first camera over the next couple of weeks. I have looked at Nikon, Cannon and Olympus.

I have spent some time reading reviews & and searching forums to make a considered decision.

I was initally put off the E-620 as there are many reviews commenting on high noise, and i moved down my list - however a friend recomened DPReview as impartial and worth a look.

Since then from the review and more importatly comments on forums (as these are by users in the real world), it has become apparent that the E-620 is a viable option and a great camera.

At the end of the day the following reasons have pushed my decision in the direction of the E-620. Can some more expirenced DSLR users confirm my conclusions...

Noise on the E-620 is more than acceptable for a newbie and everday use?

Kit lens's are better than those supplied other entry level cameras - so I won't need to change my lens's quite as readily?

Its a good solid camera with enough automatic features for a newbie to use, but can turned to fully manual as I learn more?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow