Won a amateur competition should I tell them about the D3?

Started Aug 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
jon595
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: No reason at all to be embarrassed or concerned
In reply to Marianne Oelund, Aug 12, 2009

Take the win. Once again, it's not the camera.

You might like this story... and yes, it's true.

A year ago my wife and mother-in-law were getting on me about entering a few pictures in a local art competition for the photography category. It was a local small competition with around 55 entries. I finally entered all of 3 days before the thing and the night before put some pictures in frames to take.

The day of, when they had the names of the winners displayed by the pictures, I was talking to a friend of my mother-in-law who entered a few pictures (but did not know that I entered).

She was going off on how the only people that won were the ones who blew the prints up to 11x14 or bigger and bought expensive frames and yada yada yada. I just told her I didn't think so and walked away.

A half hour later she came back up to apologize because my mother-in-law ended up telling her that I won.

I explained that the shot was taken on my Nikon D50, 18-55mm kit lens, printed out from fotki 8x10 for $1.50 and put in a $8 frame from Big Lots. She was quite taken aback by this.

Basically, someone will probably get angry about it, but they don't really know what they are talking about.

-- hide signature --

Just a hobbyist who loves to get out and take pictures.
http://www.fotki.com/jon595

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow