Won a amateur competition should I tell them about the D3?

Started Aug 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
latent
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
Won a amateur competition should I tell them about the D3?
Aug 11, 2009

I entered a national amateur photo competition, I have complied wtih all the printed rules. It appears that I am one of the main wiinners. The prizes being the printing of images in the press (non photographic) and a quality P&S camera.

Here is my personal dilemma. I entered the image becuase I thought it ideally suited the competition theme. Then I thought no more about it..as I didn't think I'd get anywhere. However, I now know that I am shorlisted.

The image was taken on my D3. The competition judges want all shortlisted candidates to write a little more about the image they submitted, including what camera was used to take it!!

To me, it seems a little embarasssing to say that it was taken with a high spec. camera, ( remember one of the prizes is a P&S camera) though as I say I observed all the rules.Should I withdraw from the compeitition..maybe, when they see what it was taken with, they'll pick another finalist!

Now I am getting paranoid

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow