Goodbye Pentax - sorry - life is too short!

Started Aug 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjdundee
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Goodbye Pentax - sorry - life is too short!
Aug 10, 2009

I was tired of waiting until Pentax will be able to deliver a propper successor of the faboulus K10 and K20. There is still no K7 available here around in the shops and so I couldn't resist testing a D 300 which came including the VR 18-200 for the same price as the K7 Double Zoom Kit - whenever this will be available in the real world shops here.

I will do some tests before I decide wether to sell all of my Pentax equipment or keep the K10 and one or two lenses but from the first impression of the D300 I have to admit that there are worlds between handling, built quality, menue logic and silent wave autofocus speed and precision. From the first shots I can confirm that this camera IS able to deliver clean and sharp results from ISO 100 - 800 an dI don't care much for the rest. Exposures look very natural and well balanced.

So - no matter how well the K7 might feel - it will definitelly not become my next camera.

See you again in another live - maybe - you'll never know. Bye.

-- hide signature --

Thomas Michael - mjdundee (I love the character and his way of thinking - straight, true, strong)

mjdundee's gear list:mjdundee's gear list
Olympus Stylus 720 SW Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
I doNew
LolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow