ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Decoboy
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Need suggestions on On-line storage/sharing
Aug 10, 2009

Hi All,
I'd posted this in Open Talk, probably not the right place, no responses at all.

I need some advice on photo hosting/sharing. Am happy to pay for the right service.

I've been using http://imageevent.com/ for a couple of years now, however they have not shown any development since mid 2007. I pay for their top level service which allows up/downloading of almost any file type, galleries, public private etc. Speed is satisfactory but could be better.

Are there any decent sharing/hosting sites that allow uploading/downloading of tiff and raw, psd files? I need this so my clients can view and download their images for publication.

AFAIK, few sites allow storage of the actual tiff, raw psd etc, e.g. regardless of $ or free plans.

Picasa & Flikr- converts them to jpegs, no use to me
Smugmug, can only store then in a SmugVault, no access or download for guests

Pbase, also looks like jpgs only, appears to be no ongoing development there - confirmed by a long time user
Photobucket, no tiffs, raw, psd

I wonder how many people realise that they are basically trapped into staying with a site, unless they want to start all over again, and that these sites take no responsibility for any loss THEY cause, and retain the right to shut down without any recourse?

Suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Brian

Decoboy's gear list:Decoboy's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1D X Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow