77 photo panorama with 5DII

Started Aug 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
The project evolved.
In reply to PawelWoj, Aug 9, 2009

I started out doing a pano of the 3 Sisters which is the rock formation on the left. Then I just continued with the cliffs in the background. It was interesting doing a sweep of the valley because it was very clear that day. When I was finished I added a second row. Yes, there are a lot of trees there and perhaps the 200mm is overkill but who cares? I was having fun and maybe one day I will correct for white balance and colour and print a huge photo out. It should look great.

I wanted to do justice to the vast valley and having a high resolution image does just that. When you scroll across the larger image you get a sense of how big it is. There really isn't a good time to take a photo of this scene because at other times there are too many shadows in the valley.

I have visited Katoomba many times and taken photos there. This is the first time I have tried a panorama photo. I will return and have another go and improve things next time!

Vince
--
http://ovincez.smugmug.com

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow