Started Aug 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MauriceFH
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Epson 2880 - printer, inks and paper
Aug 9, 2009

Having worked my way through the Epson 1290, the 2400 and now the 2880 I wondered about writing a review of the new printer. However it's been done before and the technology is hidden to some extent in chips. Put simply it is better than the 2400, as you would expect. In short if you are looking for a A3+ printer it is as good as you can get I guess; the software is poor - like the earlier models, but overall a great printer.

I'm not so happy with the cost of ink. Epson is more realistic with inkjet paper - but then they have to be as there are a host of suppliers with a massive range of prices and quality. The protective marketing of ink has generated a whole new industry with alternative offerings. I have used alternative inks for some years now and calculate that I have saved about £950 on inks over a period of about 5 years - enough to buy a charming little PAS!

You CAN get great results with carefully chosen ink - I have been importing inks from the USA (I'm in the UK) but more recently UK suppliers like Fotospeed can meet these needs. I have purchased re-fill cartridges from Efillink.com (based in the USA) which work like a charm. If you wish more info in respect of what can be achieved with alternative inks send me an Email (maurice@mauricehammon.me.uk) and I will endevour to help you take the plunge - or why not let readers know of your experience in this area. I have no axe to grind - I just love making great images and selling them from time to time without having to spend a small fortune on ink.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow