ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Decoboy
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Photo sharing/hosting - tiff and raw support
Aug 9, 2009

Hi,

I need some advice on photo hosting/sharing. Am happy to pay for the right service.

I've been using http://imageevent.com/ for a couple of years now, however they have not shown any development since mid 2007. I pay for their top level service which allows up/downloading of almost any file type, galleries, public private etc. Speed is satisfactory but could be better.

Are there any decent sharing/hosting sites that allow uploading/downloading of tiff and raw, psd files? I need this so my clients can view and download their images for publication.

AFAIK, few sites allow storage of the actual tiff, raw psd etc, e.g. regardless of $ or free status.

Picasa & Flikr- converts them to jpegs, no use to me
Smugmug, can only store then in a SmugVault, no access or download for guests

Pbase, unclear on whether you can upload/download, am also concerned that there appears to be no ongoing development there
Photobucket, no tiffs, raw, psd

Lastly what happens when you choose to move? I guess you're trapped a bit, one could spend many hours reloading to a new site.

Suggestions?
--
Brian

Decoboy's gear list:Decoboy's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1D X Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow