Started Aug 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoma
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Amateur-miss my D70, suffering w Canon XSi
Aug 7, 2009

Hi--I read this forum frequently and would appreciate any advice for an amateur/mom who LOVED my D70 with 24-120 mm lens to take pictures of my kids. I am embarrassed, but it's important to know, that I used it as a point and shoot. I got spectacular photos of close ups, sports, landscapes with travel etc. When my D70 turned 5 I got recurrent error messages CHA and FAR. Did lots of research here and other blogs to learn this were common D70 issues. Chose not to spend $200plus to have it repaired and got frustrated with Nikon service department so mistakenly sold the nikon and the lens and changed to Canon. I now have the Canon Xsi with the superzoom lens EFS 18-200mm. The quality is not good. Have tried changing to different canon lens 28-135mm and still have poor focus and poor white balance and > 50% are overexposed. Have changed settings etc to no avail. Have read in Canon forums that this is common for the Xsi.

I want to go back to Nikon and am heart broken D70 is not around anymore. Seems D90 has lots of issues for some. Any recommendations for the closest thing to the D70 that has great quality and is forgiving for a total amateur. Plan to get the same lens (used), which I loved. I don't want to make another mistake. Miss the great photos. Thanks so much.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow