HELP! Just bought a Digilux 3 - unsure if it is a grey market one...

Started Aug 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
krloz
Regular MemberPosts: 390
Like?
HELP! Just bought a Digilux 3 - unsure if it is a grey market one...
Aug 5, 2009

Hi Guys,

I decided to indulge myself and bought a brand new Digilux 3. After careful consideration, I decided to buy the Digilux 3 over the Panasonic mainly because of the 3 year warranty and the looks. Oh boy, this camera is beautiful!! And it is my first leica!!

I bought at Amazon.com from a seller called Ace Digital Photos (www.acephotodigital.com) and both Amazon and the Dealer website featured the "Leica 3-year Warranty" as part of the deal.

As I was going through the camera's documentation yesterday, I noticed that the "Warranty Card" required the authorized photo dealer's "Stamp and Signature" to make it valid, but it was blank. Than I went to the dealer's website to check if they were an Authorized Dealer, but there's nothing mentioning this. Also, I went to Leica's website and Ace Photo Digital is not listed as one of the Authorized dealers in North America (but there is an Acephoto.net, which is a different company). The dealer's website says they won't accept returns for this item, but this wasn't specified at Amazon's and I was thinking they were an authorized dealer in first place

So I am asking you, old Leica owners, do you know this dealer? Is it an authorized one? or should I return this item? The 3 year warranty is really important to me and it was the key selling point.

Thanks in advance!
Carlos

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow