ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J_K
J_K
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
DA*55: MTF optimum = 2.0?!
Aug 4, 2009

I was very surprised to see that according to the MTF program lines of both my K10D and K7, the optimum for my DA*55 was 2.0. It is really difficult to believe it: the very best lenses may have MTF maximum perhaps near 3.4, but I am quite sure I never saw anything below 2.8. As far as I can see, there are two options: first, the MTF data block of my lens is corrupted (otherwise, the lens seems fully fuctional); second, the lens is truly outstanding. Could the owners of DA*55 check, what MTF optimums are reported for their lenses?

As a side note, if the MTF data block is actually based on the tests of the particular sample of the lens (as claimed by Roland Mabo), checking the value of the MTF optimum (and comparing it to the expected value for the given type of the lens) might be an easy way of checking the quality of the particular lens. Then, it might be a good idea to create a web database of the lenses.

John

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow