Started Aug 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VadymA
Contributing MemberPosts: 760Gear list
Like?
Pictures not sharp enough straight from DP2
Aug 4, 2009

Many users of DP1 or DP2 mentioned how little they need to do in post-processing due to high quality of pictures they are getting straight from the camera. Well, most of the images that I am getting (appx 70% I would say) appear to be not sharp enough and I usually increase the sharpness to 1, 1.5, or even 2 (max) in SPP, plus the contrast usually also goes up to 0.5. Eventually after these manipulations, I do get the results I am expecting, but "straight from the camera" images are rather disappointing. Here is a typical example:

• The first image is straight from the camera

• The second one is with sharpness +2 and contrast +0.7

The images are rather ordinary, taken in the middle of the day, thus nothing "artistic". But they illustrate the point. I think the second one is closer to DP2-type images I see on the web. The first one is not just sharp enough to DP2 standards IMHO.

I wanted to ask more experienced memebers of this forum whether there is anything I can do to improve the sharpness of the images I am getting from the camera (e.g. improve my tequnics, change some settings in the camera, change pp software, etc). Or do you thing that the first image is rather "normal" for DP2. Thank you in advance. Vadym

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow