Started Aug 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fjbyrne
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,201
Like?
Finally handled an A330 today...not good :(
Aug 4, 2009

I finally handled an A330 today and unfortunately it is worse than I had feared :(. I was shooting all day in Williamsburg with my A700 and we stopped by a Target to pickup some stuff. I saw the A330 and picked it up and found the grip to be terrible. As other have noted you really need to employ your pinky under the camera for support. Just to be sure I was giving it a fair shake (after all I was just using an A700) I also handled a nearby D40 and a digital Rebel (not sure exactly which). IMO the D40 kicked the !@#$% out of the A330 from a handling perspective and I would even give the Rebel the edge and I am NO fan of the way the Rebel handles.

As is par for the course the Nikon and Canon had power applied so you could try them and the Sony had no power.

On the plus side I liked the power switch placement better than on my A100 and A700

I REALLY hope they don't screw up the other cameras because I think I would rather handle a cactus than one of these things.
--
Rick

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow