K20D performing well - comments welcome

Started Aug 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
newmikey
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,822Gear list
Like?
Re: K20D performing well - comments welcome
In reply to pixers, Aug 3, 2009

pixers wrote:

Keep the camera you have and don't get caught up in the K7 mania.

I have always gone for end-of-lifetime models which is what I did now with my 2-month old K20D. Simple value for money really, nothing more. I do not need most of the stuff on the K-7 which is not to say they wouldn't be nice-to-have's.

I am exteremly happy with the K20D and do not foresee a switch to the K-7 at all due to the limited IQ improvement. Any shortcomings the K20D has when compared to the K-7 can be overcome with a bit of patience and planning.

Your shots are very good. Watch your sharpening it may be too much. Keep your creativity going and enjoy all of the splendor of photography.

Thanks! I do sometimes oversharpen on purpose, especially in the C2G images. The process simply brings up the grain and grit in an image and I like the effect, especially on rusty metals.

Appreciate your comments!

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow