Started Aug 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mesija
Contributing MemberPosts: 920
Like?
Q for ianbramham and anyone using 10stops ND
Aug 3, 2009

I got 10 stops ND largely due to Ian's posting (so I know he uses one), but anyone can help out.

I'd like to get CPL filter, and like to stack it with namely 10 stops ND, and GND filters.

Since you can't see anything in the viewfinder with 10 stops ND, I'm assuming I'd have to put polarizer first, get satisfactory degree of polarization, and then put ND filter on. The question is, will polarization effect remain with this setup? Also, if this is possible, slim version of filter without threads are out of question for me.

Also, what's your setup with CPL and GND's, if you use one? What filter goes first and are there any problems?

Really, what I'm trying to decide is do I want slim or normal B+W CPL Kaesemann. For now I won't use CPL on ultra wide lens (since my UWA is 14-24 that won't take filters), so I don't need to get the slim version for this reason, but if I won't be able to satisfactory stack filters, I might as well get slim version, because in the future I might use CPL with UWA lens.

thanks in advance

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow