Started Aug 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brazile
Contributing MemberPosts: 558Gear list
Like?
The UK and Norway with the DP2
Aug 2, 2009

I just got back from two weeks in the UK and Norway with a new DP2. Not having to lug the full SLR rig on this trip was what pushed me over the line to buying it.

I consider the experiment to have been a success and I'm happy with the results. Conclusions: as I think most people do, I find operation a little bit sluggish, but can mostly get the shots I want. (I have a DP1 and an SD14, so none of this was news to me). One pleasant surprise was that I was able to handhold the camera reasonably still down to 1/15 or so on several occasions, and even slower once or twice. As I was not able to bring a tripod or monopod with me on this trip, this was particularly handy inside dim cathedrals and the like. One downside that I was prepared for but still suffered to some extent was the difficulty of seeing the LCD in bright light which resulted in tilted horizons on some shots, particularly when I had to hold the camera away from the centerline of my body in order to get the shot I wanted. I think I can improve at this.

I include here some shots I liked from the trip:

The rest, flaws and all, are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbrazile/sets/72157621789462191/

Robert

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow