Started Aug 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MazG
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
D90 won't focus
Aug 2, 2009

I've got a new D90 (less than 2 weeks old). Twice now I've had it inexplicably refuse to focus and release the shutter.

I didn't think anything of it the first time, it was new and I thought it must be me. However today it happened again while I was shooting indoors during the day in a reasonable well lit room (lots of windows). I took several frames then it wouldn't fire. I tried refocusing on the wall on the other side of the room (15ft) but it still wouldn't focus and fire.

I switched the power on and off several times, still wouldn't fire. I checked the lens to make sure it was on properly, it was. I removed the lens and re-mounted it. I tried several things without retesting and then next time I tried, it worked. Of course, I tried so many things I don't know what actually fixed it or if it just did it by itself.

So, considering it's brand new, do I take it back to the store and get another? I've had it 12 days and there is a no questions asked 15 day return policy. Or do I wait for it to do it again and risk having to return it under warranty if it doesn't happen again in the next 3 days?

-- hide signature --

MazG

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow