Started Aug 1, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cplittleton
Regular MemberPosts: 320Gear list
Like?
Windows Vista and RAW (MRW) files
Aug 1, 2009

I'm finally pushing my photography to the next level and starting to shoot RAW (MRW) files instead of JPGs with my KM7D. One of the biggest motivators has been the power of Adobe Lightroom, which I bought a few months back.

I am now doing a lot of jpg organizing in Lightroom - about 6000 images need to be imported going back almost 10 years, including scans, stuff copied from old hard drives, and backups from CDs. Meanwhile I'm out shooting in RAW.

It would be great to be able to flip back and forth between Vista and Lightroom as I organize folders and do bulk file moves / renames. However, Vista does not recognize the MRW files as anything (pictures or otherwise). That makes it really easy to drop the RAW files during a copy or move operation.

Am I foolish to ask if Microsoft has a simple plug-in for Vista that provides MRW recognition & thumbnail support? Or is there good freeware out there?

-- hide signature --

CP Littleton

cplittleton's gear list:cplittleton's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Nik HDR Efex Pro +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow