A timely hobby

Started Jul 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
slayboss
Senior MemberPosts: 1,364
Like?
Re: A timely hobby
In reply to justapilgrim, Jul 31, 2009

justapilgrim wrote:

My interest in photography is fairly recent after receiving a Canon 1000D for Christmas. I've since upgraded to the 450D and I'm adding new lenses, like the 85 1.8 used in the photo below. I suppose this thread is just for expressing how this new hobby helped capture a special moment.

The photo below was shot just over one week ago. It is my mother and youngest sons. I likely would not have had a camera with me on that afternoon if I had not received a new camera for Christmas, which began this hobby for me. Why is this a special moment? My mother has been suffering from cancer for a long time. After singing 'What a friend we have in Jesus' and reading Psalm 145 with her, I snapped this photo, which turned out to be her very last. Within three days, she slipped into a deep sleep and passed away yesterday afternoon, July 27, 2009, a just sixty nine years of age. She was a godly wife, mother, and grandmother. A true servant to her family.

We love you Mommy.

nice portraits

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow