First time printing on canvas, any advice?

Started Jul 31, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
njonker
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
First time printing on canvas, any advice?
Jul 31, 2009

I finally took the plunge and ordered an Epson printer that can print on canvas, complete with a 17" wide roll of Epson's Canvas. Having never printed on this material before, I did quite a bit of research, but I would love to hear tips from people that have learned the gotchas by doing.

I will be printing from Adobe Lightroom. My understanding is that:

1. In the Print task in Lightroom, I pick Profile: Epson Stylus Pro Canvas, Rendering Intent Perceptual

2. In LightRoom's Page Setup I make a custom paper size to match my print

3. In LightRoom's Print Settings, under Color Matching I choose the ColorSync button, then choose Automatic; under Printer Settings / Basic I choose Media Type: Canvas, Ink: Photo Black; color mode: Off

4. I print and all should go fine at the very first try

5. Let the print dry for a day or so

6. Roll on a couple of coats of varnish or a protective agent on the printed side

7. When that dries in a day or so, carefully stretch the print on a frame

To those that do this with confidence, look like the right process and settings?

Also, I am a little unclear about what protective coating / varnish to use to finish the print. Anyone have experience and recommendations to get a not too glossy finish on the Epson Canvas? (In case it matters, I will be using the Ultrachrome HDR inks from Epson in the printer)

Any suggestions and feedback greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to do better than complete failure on the first print

Niels.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow