Started Jul 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rajeshb
Contributing MemberPosts: 840
Like?
*****Result of Challenge 83: Earth, Sea & Sky *****
Jul 28, 2009

Hi every body. First of all, I'm extremely sorry that I'm late anouncing the result of challenge 83. I didn't have any internet access during weekend. I took my time on monday to decide the winners. the decision was really tough. Initially I thought of choosing 10 photographs. But it was real difficult to exclude last 2 from the list. So I have decided to include 12 photos in my list. Hope I will be allowed that little freedom.

On a side note, although I have no problem with some human element in the landscapes but I couldn't include some shots in my final judgement where in my opinion a human made element became the primary subject instead of the subjects given in the challenge. There was no hard and fast rule for differentiating and it was my personal preference mostly. For example I have included DezM's pic in my list because I think in that shot the sky and water was more important than the bridge. Bit I couldn't consider radddad's and resalvor's pics (both among my favorites) because I think the city skyline and the bridge were the most important subjects in those.

I'm posting the winning entries in the next post. I'm not very much good in explaining the merits/demerits of the pictures. please excuse my inability. I have tried to include some comments as much as possible.

Thank you everybody for participation

Rajesh
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rajesh_b/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow