ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Pavek
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,844
Like?
The Sunday BIRD, Volume 5, Issue 11: July 19, 2009
Jul 19, 2009

Good Morning All,

I had a delightful time on Friday. I went to a nearby area that is nearly devoid of trees. Great spot for Harriers and an occasional Egret or Hawk. The wind was too high for comfortable bird photography. (Birds being gusted about too much.) But that was OK for me because I am working on a paper describing how birds manage to propel themselves through the air without propellers and how they manage the air currents. So watching them react to the gusts unimpeded by trees made for a good morning.

But the real delight came as I was leaving. I was passing by a small scattering of fairly tall trees when I spotted a Hawk. I pulled off the road, grabbed my camera and began shooting. Soon there were three Hawks who began calling to each other. It was magnificent! I got several reasonably good shots, unfortunately none where they are together.

But the aerial ballet with the wind singing in the branches and the far off Hawks calling is something I could stand every day.

So, today you get a few Hawk photos today.

Now, down to business.

Anyone with any DSLR camera can post their bird photos. BUT no stuffed birds, please. Save those for the Sunday Taxidermy thread. Please include your camera, lens and lens settings.

Please do not include your photos in your response to someone else's photos or comments.

That's it,

Have a good day,
Richard

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow