Monopod - what type of head?

Started Jul 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Monopod - what type of head?
Jul 16, 2009

I am tossed up at the moment trying to work out what tripod / monopod / head to buy. Well really I am going to buy both for use in different situations.

So far my list is:

Tripod: Manfrotto 055XPROB with 322RC2 Grip Action Ballhead
Monopod: Manfrotto 681B

My biggest question at the moment is what head to buy for the monopod. A Swivel/Tilt Head (eg Manfrotto 3229) or a ball head (eg well I am not sure!!)

Can anyone give me some good advice on why either type is better and the pluses and minuses of each? and what ball heads will fit 'best' on a monopod.

I am going to be photographing skies, landscapes and maybe quick macro shots in the field. Weight wise I need to support around 3lbs of D90 and 18-105 or 70-300 lens.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Paul (aka Bilbo)

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow