Started Jul 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rdardas
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
A700/70-300G Camera Error
Jul 13, 2009

I just had a succession of camera errors with my A700 with a 70-300G lens mounted. That lens has been on and off the camera a dozen times in the last two weeks and has performed flawlessly until today. The fault seemed to occur with the lens mounted, since replacing it with a 90mm Tamron macro brought the camera back to good performance.

I "scrubbed" the contacts hard with a Kleenex, replaced the lens and the fault did not reoccur. The contacts looked bright before treatment, with just the bare trace of a darkish line where the camera contacts rubbed across.

The fault was a white screen with "Camera Failure" across it. This happened several times and restarting the camera didn't correct the problem, nor did removing and replacing the lens. Those frames were black in the chip.

Any diagnosis other than the "dirty contact" theory? Is there a better cleaner than a Kleenex. How about crocus cloth? Too abrasive?

Dick

rdardas's gear list:rdardas's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow