ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reverb
Regular MemberPosts: 264
Like?
Lightroom - setting multiple crops for multiple display devices
Jul 13, 2009

Hi everyone,

After about 4 years of using the same, slightly cumbersome, postprocessing workflow. While i used to use C1 + Photoshop I have switched over to lightroom and am learning the ropes. I have the Martin Evening Lightoroom book, which has been very helpful but have a question that I wasn't able to find in it our online.

I currently shoot with a 450D in RAW Mode. My preferred way of viewing my photos is on my large TV (via my playstation 3) which is a 1920x1080 sRGB device. I also would like to have the option of viewing my photos on my new wide gamut dell monitor which has a resolution of 1920x1200.

My question is this: Is there a way for lightroom to allow me to set multiple crops of a single photo to deal with the difference aspect ratios of my different, while preserving the original data from the 450D. If so, then what is the easiest way to export the PS3 cropped photo to an sRGB JPEG for moving over to the PS3? I presume this is possible via the export function but how do I deal with the multiple crops?

Hopefully this makes sense. I could do this easily enough in photoshop I know but I am hoping that there is way for lightroom to do this more efficiently.

Thanks.
--
Reverb
http://www.alexdimson.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow