Started Jul 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nitewalker
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Peeved
Jul 12, 2009

Just wanted to get this off my chest as it has cheesed me off a little! Yesterday, a friend borrowed my 5D II for a couple of hours (he's got a 400D). Anyhow, 2 hours later he returns it, quick glance and all seems well. Later the next morning, I'm looking at the camera and notice that the paint, on the curve where the ON/OFF switch is located, is chipped off! All I can see is the metal body beneath AARRGGHH!! WTF - I've had it for months and there wasn't a mark on it; my friend has it for 2 hours and paint is chipped off! I know for sure it wasn't me and it was pristine when I handed it over.

I'm guessing one of these was the culprit:
1. belt buckle
2. when he packed it in his bag it was rubbing against something

If that was me and I borrowed a mates 2k camera I would have the decency and respect to look after it more so than my own camera.

Never again...

Anyhow, I want to cover the mark up now, and coincidentally I was reading a thread here not long ago about the same thing, so I'll have a search and see if I can find it. In the meantime, any sure-fire solutions for this would be appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow