Started Jul 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrsNikon
Contributing MemberPosts: 628
Like?
One Firewire 800 Port on iMac ... 2 devices
Jul 12, 2009

I'm in the 'thinking through' process of how I want to use one Firewire 800 port. I have a Lexar Firewire 800 CF Card Reader that will utilize my one Firewire 800 port on the iMac however I'd like to plug a future G-Safe drive into the Firewire 800 port; yes, I know it has USB 2.0 so I could use a USB port for that. Belkin has a Firewire 400 port however my search for a Firewire 800 port turned up no results. Am I stuck having to do the plug/unplug shuffle? Sure, I can use USB 2.0 for my backup drive however I wanted to take advantage of the firewire technology. On OWC's website, I found a MiniStack V3 storage device that has 2 firewire 800 ports on the back. If I didn't go the G-Safe route, I could use the MiniStack V3 for storage as well as a hub for a few more USB 2.0 plugs and 2-firewire 800 plugs, one of which I could use for the Lexar Reader. I'm not familiar with MiniStack V3 but it would seem to solve my Firewire 800 port problem and would also cover my backup needs. Thank you!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow