Proof and Pudding

Started Jul 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
azguy
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,101
Like?
Re: Regular vs premium subs at Subway...
In reply to Mofongo, Jul 12, 2009

Mofongo wrote:

How's this for marketing?...

Subway subs used to advertise "Any regular sub for $5.00"...(premium subs cost more)

I use to get the Subway club for this price as it was a regular sub...

The other day I walked into my local subway and ordered the same Subway club and was charged $7.00. I asked why and they said it was not a $5.00 sub anymore. I thought that's OK, it was a limited time sale and the price went back up. No problem...

Well, as I'm sitting there eating it I notice that the big sign on the wall and the window still say "Any regular sub for $5.00"....

So I speak to the person working at the counter and pointed out that the sign still says "Any regular sub for $5.00"....

I was told that the Subway club is no longer a regular sub and is now considered a premium sub. I asked if they put more meat on it now or has it changed somehow? I was told, "no, it's still the exact same sub, it's just listed as a premium sub now." This was done so they could still advertise any regular sub for $5.00. Most of the subs that used to be called regular subs are now classified as premium subs. Nothing has changed but what they call it and the price...

Wow! What a concept. I can understand raising the price back up but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. They must really take their customers for fools...

I'll be buying my "pudding" somewhere else from now on...

I hate dishonest marketing methods...

Bob
--

Ha-ha, that's good Bob. I am a marketing consulting specializing in franchising and if true chain-wide, this is indeed a poor practice. A better approach would have been a new poster saying "$5.00 group of subs," listing them, and remove "regular" and "special" from the wording. It is possible that this one Subway did this on their own because they feel the franchisor is causing them to give up too margin, so check another location (but if nearby might be owned by the same person) before giving up.
--
JohnE
I have enjoyed taking these images: http://www.pbase.com/jpower

Below, Phoenix City Hall with Nikkor 10.5mm on D200

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow