HDR House on C&O Canal

Started Jul 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
adrian673
Regular MemberPosts: 429
Like?
Re: HDR House on C&O Canal
In reply to porsche997, Jul 11, 2009

porsche997 wrote:

Taken with a XTI + EF-S 10-22mm. Originally a rushed shot in RAW, so the levels were horrible. Took it home, played with the RAW file (created a -2 and +2 EV exposures to stack on the original) and threw it into Photomatix. I think its slightly overdone, but I like it.

I would recommend the free trial of Photomatix; its a great way to find out how much fun HDR can be. I was impressed at the amount of detail recovered from the original file (window shutters, tree canopy). Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Click the photo to open it in a new box:

Original:

HDR:

I prefer the first photo and agree that Photomatix is a great program. If you have not already done so it might be worth trying the 'exposure blend image' option - for natural looking results.

My success with the double processing of a raw file has not been good - often the dynamic range is inadequate and the noise penalty is significant - good for when there is movement in the scene though.

Adrian.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackdaw123/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow