Help please - Canon 1Ds Mk1 Problems - Block of light across photos.

Started Jul 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt G C
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Help please - Canon 1Ds Mk1 Problems - Block of light across photos.
Jul 11, 2009

I have just got a Canon 1Ds Mk1 and have only used it a couple of times. I took it out on Thursday to the Lavendar Fields and had no problems at all.

I went out this morning to take some pics, and I am now getting a bright block across the centre of my pictures. The camera has not been knocked, dropped, got wet or anything else.

I have taken the camera into LCE and they had a quick visual check but couldn't see anything.... the sensor is clean (very clean they said), I thought maybe it could be a hair got in but they said no. Does anyone on here have any ideas what the problem might be?? Have I done something stupid in the settings maybe? (I have reset all settings by pushing the quality and wb buttons together.)

Another problem that started simultaneously is that the red AF block used to be in the centre of the picture, but now it appears in random places, and stays there even if I compose a completely different shot - it sometimes goes back to the centre point after I restart the camera..

I have tried swapping lenses, batteries, CF card. Pics still have this "light" band......

Matthew

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow