Started Jul 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scanlon
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
E-510 & F16-f22
Jul 11, 2009

Do anyone know what the pros and cons are of using these apertures with this camera, aside from the increased depth of field? Last summer, I took a lot of landscape photos at f22 and wasn't totally happy with the results. I've since wondered if I should have used f11-f16. They weren't as sharp and clear as I would have liked. I shot raw and, because of the tendency of this camera to blow out the highlights, I tended to underexpose most of the shots. As a result, they required quite a bit of processing to get them respectable. I also used a 2-stop GND filter for many of them, when there was a bright sky in the frame. I paid close attention to the histogram in live view, and tried to expose to the right as often as I could, but the dark areas were very noisy. I had noise reduction off for most of them, except for long exposures. I was using the kit lens (14-42) at the time and since have replaced that with the new version of the 14-54. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ron

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow