Lumix TZ7 and taking pics facing the natural sunlight.

Started Jul 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
timothy63
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Lumix TZ7 and taking pics facing the natural sunlight.
Jul 10, 2009

Good day everyone! I just bought the Lumix TZ7 and i can't figure out how to take a particular photograph.

This is the scenario: I am in a commercial office tower. It is the ground floor at the entrance. Like most office towers it is all glass at the entrance, so the sunshine is very bright at the entrance. I am pointing my camera towards the entrance, because i am trying to capture the reception desk at one side of the entrance and another piece of architectural joinery on the other side of the entrance. When i take the picture in intelligent auto mode,i guess it captures the natural sunlight, as its guide for light,,so the picture shows the two other pieces at the entrance, that i really want to capture, kinda dark, almost like in a shadow. I've tried the regular manual mode, and tried the pre-set modes, but nothing really is pertinent to this scenario. I'm sure it has something to do with the automatic white balance(awb) or aperture or something like that,,but by playing around, i still haven't figured out how to do this.
Any help in solving this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow