The 2fps manual compact P&S is EXTINCT!!!!!

Started Jul 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Summit
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
The 2fps manual compact P&S is EXTINCT!!!!!
Jul 8, 2009

Nobody makes them anymore unless you count something that is the size of a DSLR or something with a microscopic buffer! The barely compact Canon G7 was the last of this class, and it was announced 3 years ago! Seriously, in that last three years, what camera has there been? The only thing that comes close is the Panasonic FX580, and it only has 1.8fps continuous.

This is why I'll probably buy my THIRD Canon A610, a 4+ year old design. Here is a list of all 5 cameras that have been produced in the last 4 years that meet the specs of
1. 2fps+ for 10+ frames
2. manual control
3. compact size

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=panasonic_dmclx1%2Ccanon_g7%2Ccanon_a610%2Ccanon_a700%2Ccanon_a540&show=all

Why is this happening? The idiotic megapixel war and NO other reason. Sweet. Now I can have a 15MP camera that shoots 0.5fps with more noise than a 4 year old 6MP camera with 4x the FPS. BULLCRAP!

(No, neither the SX10IS (or family) nor the SP570UZ are considered compact as they are the size of a small DSLR)

-- hide signature --

9300ft above sea level

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow