ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fulford
Contributing MemberPosts: 997
Like?
50mm as a protrait lens on aps, it works - some of my best samples included
Jul 8, 2009

Hi,

I have to start by saying that this is a bit of a dual post, first is that my daughter is turning two very shortly and and I just have so many nice images that of her on my HDD and want to show a few. Second is that after looking at most of my favorites of her, about 70% of them were taken at 50mm.

I do remember a few past posts talking about the 50mm as a portrait lens not being that suitable. Especially surrounding talk about the new sony 50mm aps lens. I almost commented but was not in the mood for posting.

I have to say that 50mm on aps hits the mark. While not equilivant to the classic 85mm however, looking at it from a different perspective this lens focal length lets you become intimate with your subject. Just perfect for family shots.

However, I do think that this focal length does suit a particular style of portraiture photography. One that allows close interaction with subjects and thus produces images that have that something close or warm about them.

I also have photos of ppl that I was not that familar with and still the interaction with the subject that this focal length allows still demonstrats its strength.

Anyway what do you guys think!

All taken with either minolta 50mm f1.7 or takumar 50mm f1.4

http://tfulford.zenfolio.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow