Probably I will get another S5 and let D700 go.

Started Jul 8, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mironv
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,705Gear list
Like?
Probably I will get another S5 and let D700 go.
Jul 8, 2009
-- hide signature --

I'm looking to see if there is anyone that used S5 get D700 and decided that S5 suites him/her better and kept S5 and let a D700 go. I have posted this at Nikon forum

"I'm looking to see what was your initial experience with D700 Jpeg's and what are your settings for general and skin tone? I have spend this weekend with D700 and so far it sucks big time ( compare to Fuji S5). AWB on D700 with additional flash makes everything pinkish. Skin tones do look like people eat to much carrots. I'm not looking to work with RAW and Photoshop or even Nikon software. I'm only interested in hands one experience from Jpeg shooters. At this point I'm thinking of selling D700 back as I'm not happy at all with fiddling with changing in camera setting almost all the time depending on what I'm shutting. After some time with Fuji S5 I set what I found I like and I'm shooting same settings on everything and have minimal need for PP. There is very little info on a internet regarding Jpeg and D700 most info is RAW stuff."

and posting on Fuji as to see if I can get some info from Fuji owners that maybe use D700 as well.
Mironv
http://mironv.smugmug.com/

mironv's gear list:mironv's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow