Photographing single persons in public

Started Jun 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
Paul Grupp
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,146
Like?
Hopefully your advice is better than your memory
In reply to PaulBearer, Jul 6, 2009

I don't think anybody in this thread is trying to "convince photographers they don't need model releases. . . " And I know I'm not.

You apparently have forgotten the rather clear response I gave you earlier in this thread:

"I suspect that you and I agree that it is always prudent to obtain a model release whenever possible. It's always better to exceed the requirements of the law, because it reduces somewhat the chances of having to fight an expensive lawsuit. But at the same time, it's good to understand how the law is actually currently interpreted and enforced by the courts, so that when circumstances force us to operate without releases, we understand our rights and obligations under the law -- to the best extent possible."

Honestly, how much clearer do I have to be? Or are you just argumentative?

PaulBearer wrote:

I don't want to get into a peeing contest, but trying to convince photographers they don't need model releases as a general proposition is giving them poor advice, in my humble opinion.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow