ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,330Gear list
Like?
Another K7 purchase. :)
Jul 6, 2009

Just picked up my K7 this morning.

As some may have read in my other thread, I did previously have a play with one at Sydney's PMA, so I am no stranger to the feel and handling of the K7, but the response of the AF and shutter is better than I remember at the show, probably due to the fact I was indoors but also I was more enamoured with the build quality, overall feel, and getting used to the different button layout etc.

The AF is quite a bit faster and very noticeable, although having said that this is on a bright sunny day. I will need to do further testing later after the battery charges up and when it gets darker.

The build quality is beautiful and feels very solid and dense in the hands. As other's have commented, the new control layout will need some getting used to, but the buttons are all nicely laid out and easy to use.

The selector "wheel" of previous Pentax DSLR's has been replaced with for buttons at north, south, east and west, which is much easier to use due to it being bigger than the previous "wheel" set up.

The VF is very nice! Big clear and easy to use.

Haven't been home to process any photos as I do have other issues to contend with at the moment, so the ubiquitous "first photos" post will have to wait.

That's all for now.

-- hide signature --
 Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow