Camera for Traveling

Started Jul 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
gigabloke
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: Camera for Traveling
In reply to theplanetd, Jul 6, 2009

I suggest you look at a Fuji Film S100fs. I have one and also a Canon 40D. The Fuji is so versatile I almost always take it with me when I am out and about. I have never actually 'traveled' since I got the S100fs so I can't speak from first-hand experience. However, it was voted as travel camera of the year when it came out in 2008(?)

The S100fs is a camera that 'punches way above it's weight.' Image quality is amazing considering it is a small-sensor mega zoom of 28-400mm equivalent focal length.

I have used it to capture images in dimly lit theater conditions. Even at ISO 6400 it will produce results that can be acceptable for certain purposes. It has similar dynamic range to the 40D. You don't need to carry any extra lenses, the lens is fixed to the body anyway -- so no-dust-on-sensor problems. It shoots RAW and features as many user-controls as many DSLRs.

It's the 3rd mega zoom I've owned. I sold the first two as each was replaced by a better model. When I bought my 40D, no way was I going to sell my S100fs. It's too good to let go.

Check out the review on this site and many others on the web. There are always lots of sample images in the Fuji forum.

Best,
Max
--

True art heals. True art restores equanimity. Art must regenerate the sense of well-being. That is its true purpose. When art is really useful, it serves this ultimate process of healing, well-being, higher sympathy, and Spiritual Awakening.

Adi Da Samraj

http://www.daplastique.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow