Started Jul 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John
Senior MemberPosts: 1,292
Like?
Problems with Mac 10.5.7, CS4, and Epson Printers
Jul 2, 2009

This is a repost below from the Mac section as they suggested I try here rather than the Mac forum... As an update I did try a friends i-Mac that is running 10.5.7 with Photoshop CS3 and it produced very good results. So it is beginning to look like CS4 is the problem and Adobe doesn't have an answer so I guess they indirectly agree..

Any comments would be appreciated.

After years of using my old Windows XP machine and Photoshop CS2 along with various Epson printers R800, R1900, 4880 with excellent results from my Canon and Nikon systems. Recently I purchased a MacBook Pro laptop (15) with the 24 inch LED display. To that end I decided to get the newer photoshop CS4 to go with the new machine.. I must say I have been horrified to say the least with the results... I can only assume that Mac OS 10.5.7 and CS4 do not get along.. After dealing with Adobe I am about to throw in the towel on CS4. They seem to be in the dark as well saying it hadn't been tested with 10.5.7.. The problem is the colors are way off and the overall print is toooo dark (after looking fine on screen).. It also occasionally produces some unfortunate banding/chroming in the blacks.. I have tried RAW, TIFF, JPEG, have used the program to control colors (which is what I always did with CS2), the printer to control colors, and no control. All the monitors and printers have been calibrated using i-One (which has worked fine everywhere else).. All the printer drivers are Epsons and up to date.. I get very good results with Aperture and to a lesser simplistic extent i-Photo.. I then take the exact same file to my old Machines (one with XP one with Vista) using the same printers and produce superb results..

Has anyone else had these problems with the latest version of Mac OS and Photoshop? Right now I think I have whizzed away $700 on a useless dysfunctional program...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow