Started Jun 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,781Gear list
Like?
LX5 in July?
Jun 29, 2009

Panasonic has been like clockwork for releasing their products over the last few years. They typically replace a particular product in the same month each time.

The LX3 was announced on 7-21-08, the LX2 was announced on 7-19-06, and the LX1 was announced on 7-21-05. What is your best guess as to when the next LX camera will be released or do you think it will be released this year at all?

Sure they skipped a year there so there is a still a possibility of nothing new in July. However, with the recent successes of the ZS3 and GH1 and the fact that the LX3 is hard to find and selling at exorbitant prices I am expecting them to announce the new LX5 on Wednesday 7-22-09.

I am hoping for a little larger camera but still smaller than a Canon G10, with a 5x optical zoom, a 10 megapixel 1/1.63 " CCD, an F 2.3-3.1 lens, a 3.0” screen, and 1080p video with a choice of 24 FPS, 30 FPS, and 60 FPS. Unfortunately, I am also anticipating an MSRP north of $700 and VERY limited availability.

What do you all think will happen?

ZS3 - Sample Videos
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mpgxsvcd&search_type=&aq=f

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow