Started Jun 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skeys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,529Gear list
Like?
Pentaxian to help test my lenses?
Jun 27, 2009

OK, so I got a little carried away and ordered some Pentax lenses before I even have a Pentax camera body with which to test them. That’s not MY fault; if Pentax had released their K-7 sooner, I wouldn’t be in this position. Interestingly, although ordered on different days, all the lenses I ordered arrived yesterday (Friday).

So, might there be a Pentax owner, who would be willing to let me bring my lenses to him/her for testing? I just want to be sure there isn’t an obvious problem for which a lens should be returned to the retailer, not any type of detailed testing.

I am hoping there might be someone who could do this who also lives in Northern Nevada: Reno-Sparks area, or maybe Gardnerville-Minden area, or Truckee-Lake Tahoe area.

If not, how about Central California: the area along I-80 between Truckee and Sacramento, or the Sacramento area itself.

In my “First post in this forum” post, I asked the same question and Lloyd (UtahManSir) volunteered to help, bless his heart. Unfortunately, that’s an 1,100 mile round trip during which I would have lenses and no camera body on which to use them while on the trip. I can’t think of anything more frustrating.

SK

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow