Started Jun 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron Co
Senior MemberPosts: 1,566
Like?
anyone else using 50mm f1.4 Sony on their A700- help! 4 images
Jun 24, 2009

I decided I would bust out and buy a new lens -first in 18 months- the 70-400 anf 35mm f1.4G lenses were first choice - until i saw their Australian prices approx $3100 and $3300 RRP cf USA prices of approx $1600 and $1400 - and yes the difference is the opposite way around here the 35mm lens is dearer here and cheaper in USA???

OK realising I am both a pauper and mean I compromised and went for the f1.4 lens - still set me back $700 Aus cf about $330US but I gave up - I wanted a soft focus lens i could use for portraits wide open and also in low light and , hopefully not have to use high ISO all the time as I currently do

Went for a walk around the pond this morning -hundreds of beautiful glistening cobwebs so I set forth with delight getting nice romantic soft focus photos - or so I thought -- I knew the f1.4 would be very tricky so I also did some comparative shots at f8 --

what a shock when I opened them up on the computer - I'll attach images - it is totally missing the focus point -spot focus , centre ,

anyone else using this lens - I think it is front focussing? Other test shots of the ever patient wife would suggest this but they are not for display here

full frame at f8

crop of above

full frame at f1.4

crop of above

anyone?

Ron
--
Ron Co
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ron-alenka/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow