Started Jun 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pacinelli
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Sigma 50 1.4 (initial pet pics)
Jun 22, 2009

Just bought the Sigma after the AF failed on my Canon 1.4. I really didn't want to buy it again since that happened and I hear it happens with that lens often. So it was between the Canon 1.2 or the Sigma 1.4. Both are also known for focusing issues and B&H didn't have the 1.2 in so I figured I would try the sigma with their 14 day MBG policy. Well I am not totally sold yet on the focusing but it performed fairly well in my first test with the pets out back. Can't wait to use it in the "real world" to really test it out. The pics I did get looked great though, way better than the 1.4 I had been using and actually liked.

This is my first Sigma, I currently own 300 2.8L, 17-40 L, 70-200 2.8 L, 24-105L, 85 1.8 and 100 2.8 macro. I think the Sigma smashes on my zooms for contrast, saturation and clarity and holds it own against the primes too. It looks and feels pretty good too! Figured I would show a few samples.

Be warned PET PICTURES

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
35LNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow