Started Jun 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeWB
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
"User" needs help w/70-200f4
Jun 17, 2009

I just received my new 70-200f4 lens yesterday. My first L lens and have been shooting kit lens (28-135) for 6 months while learning how to use 50D (as well as learning photography in general).

I took a few test shoots yesterday indoors and outdoors, but it was rainy outdoors. Results were "mixed" which leads me to believe the problem pictures are from "user" error. Also received and used a monopod for some of the shots (never have used one before). I'm not sure I really know how to use it because it felt awkward and I felt I was moving more than I did using the setup handheld.

My plans for the lens is mostly "outdoor" family and sunsets/sunrises (though the indoor flash pictures turned out great). I am suppose to shoot some "engagement" pictures for my son this weekend at the beach. I'm concerned that my inexperience with this setup may screwup my opportunity.

I'm a little frustrated, but I know that's part of the process. Any advice on using this setup more effectivtly for my beach outting.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow