Who actually wants Micro Interchangeable Lens Cam?

Started Jun 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Abbar
Regular MemberPosts: 457
Like?
Who actually wants Micro Interchangeable Lens Cam?
Jun 17, 2009

EP-1 seems to be attracting existing DSLR users more than the current P&S users (this is in contrast to OLY’s marketing strategy). I think most P&S or bridge P&S users want to have a big black bulky cam to carry around as they feels that DSLR is the ultimate photographic machine.

But for those pro/photographers whom have been lugging their heavy equipment around for quite sometime and wanting to enjoy photography more (without much hassle of bulk & weight) would certainly be interested with the EP-1 or anything similar (be it other brands). Why am I saying this is because I noticed that most people who owned LX3, DP1, G10 etc also already owned a DSLR. These are the cameras that they really enjoyed using when they are not doing their business. Most replies on EP-1 postings in this forum are from DSLR users, furthermore the price bracket also suggests that this cam is meant for DSLR photographers.

What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow