Started Jun 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henning W
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
EP-1 a huge disappointment
Jun 17, 2009

I was quite excited when I first heard about the micro 4/3 concept at Photokina 08, and mildly disappointed with the 'faux' SLR Panasonic G1, but the idea of a small, large sensor interchangeable lens camera that worked seemed so logical.

And I though that Olympus, which has produced so many good, small cameras in its history would be the company to get it right. Small and light, in the tradition of the Pen F and its little lenses.

To see such a camera come to market without a viewfinder seems the height of stupidity, and I will certainly not buy one.

I have a camera and have used many others that can only be used away from my eye, and they are a pain, especially outdoors.

I also have a Canon 5DMkII, which has a great movie mode, especially now that you can control it quite well, but there too you have to hold it away from your face. For stills using the 100-400 on that camera is fine, but using it for movies is a trial.

I'm not getting anything close to serious, and certainly not for that kind of money that doesn't have a viewfinder.

I was hoping for a small, light camera that might be used with a couple of lenses for some travel where I didn't want to take larger, or more expensive equipment, but this won't do it.

I have a couple of cameras that give outstanding image quality, are fairly small but not at all light, with great fast primes, but are more than I often want to carry or take into questionable areas; Leica M8's.

The EP-1 could have been a great alternate.

Hopefully Olympus will listen and come out with a viewfinder camera (and some small, fairly fast primes) soon.

Henning

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow