Started Jun 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mailman88
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,802Gear list
Like?
How far can Firmware go....
Jun 13, 2009

I feel Canon is holding back. I believe Canon can give the 40D-50D a firmware update that goes way beyond what the camera's can do now. A new firmware tweak in the auto-focus or the way it handles noise. When Canon issues a firmware update, its trying to fix a problem. The problem is.. Canon is trying to be too cute with their marketing and won't let the camera's work at their full potential.

I maybe guessing but, are the xxD's and full-frame camera's related in some area's, that Canon has to hold back the xxD line so the full-frame can be superior. If Canon made a xxD with no strings attached, how good would it be.

I remember back with my 300D, it wasn't even close to the xxD line. Times have changed now with the Rebel 500D, the gap is getting closer to xxD's.

It just hit me..if Canon made the Rebels, xxD, and the full-frames near perfect, then we wouldn't buy the next "NEW" camera. I guess nickel and dimeing us is the only way Canon can stay in business. The competition is using the same business model too...

mailman88's gear list:mailman88's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow