ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
draposo
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
What am I doing wrong?
Jun 11, 2009

Hello everyone,

I recently was given a remarkable 50D as a gift and it's an awesome upgrade to my 300D. For the last few years I have shot only jpeg because I struggle to figure out what I should do in PP and this way my wife no longer has to wait for me to PP an image to get a print. Now that I can shoot in Raw + Jpeg I want to figure out PP techniques.

However, I seem to be struggling with getting a solid pic out of the camera (User error!!)

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I usually shoot on Av, Tv or M because I want to learn how to make a great shot every time. I have been trying to shoot my son's soccer games lately and I thought this pic of one of his friends was going tot come out great, but there seems to be something missing and I don't think it is PP, I think it's me and my setup.

This shot was taken on a sunny day at 1/1250 f/4 ISO 200 at 163mm using a borrowed 70-200 f/4 L lens.

The autofocus point seems to be on the front elbow, which I would think provides enough DOF for the entire player to be sharp and in focus.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide in learning to make these shots come out cleaner.

http://rapidshare.com/files/243317514/Questions.jpg.html

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow